Each year, we work toward accomplishing our goals through a wide variety of activities:
- we house a large and ever-increasing collection of Knox County artifacts which are displayed throughout our nearly 15,000 square foot Harcourt Road. Museum, as well as at the Dan Emmett Birthplace Home and in our additional storage areas;
- we maintain a permanent research library for use by members and visitors;
- we publish a newsletter, The Knox Historian;
- we provide monthly programs and speakers throughout the year, as well as educational presentations for schools, churches, clubs and service organizations which are free and open to the public;
- we host group tours for children and adults at both our Museum and Dan Emmett Birthplace Home, as well as other area historic sites;
- we prepare new and changing exhibits relating to local history; and
- we sponsor or cooperate with other groups in creating special events for Knox County residents and visitors.